Asphalt Shingles Roofing Materials.
Asphalt Shingles Roofing Materials has the most extensive range of Architectural roof shingles in Australia. Our IKO range of roof shingles has 30 Year and Limited Lifetime warranties. We stock roof shingles that resemble the natural beauty of slate or wooden shakes. American shingles beautify and protect your home against inclement weather. Think blistering heat and snow-covered roofs. Long-lasting and cost-effective, our roofing materials will suit most roofs or wall cladding applications. To see what our complete range of IKO roofing materials will look like on your house, try our new Asphalt Shingles Material Viewer.
On This Page:
- Benefits of Asphalt Shingles.
- Asphalt shingles cost?
- Architectural Roof Shingles or Traditional.
- DIY roofing materials.
- IKO Corporation Worldwide Leaders.
- Shingle roofing materials range in Australia.
- Traditional Slate shingle roofing materials.
- Architectural / Laminated / Dimensional roof shingles.
- Ultra-premium Architectural shingles.
- Shingle roofs systems explained.
- Key Components of an Asphalt Shingles System.
- Roof Materials Green Environmental credentials.
- IKO No. 1 export roof supplies Company Worldwide.
- Colours and styles.
- Areas We Serve.
Asphalt Shingles Roofing Materials Benefits.
- Very cost-effective roofing materials. A fraction of the price of other options like natural stone tiles, slates or real wood shakes.
- Asphalt roof shingles are fast and easy to install.
- Variety. Large assortment of naturally inspired colours, sizes and pattern designs.
- We stock wooden shingle/shake looking profiles.
- Unbeatable bracing qualities due to the structural plywood insulated sheets.
- The structural plywood insulated sheets allow you to walk on the cladding, causing no damage.
- The asphalt roofing system is excellent for new builds.
- Shingle roofing material is a replacement of metal, tiles or virtually any roofing materials.
- DIY roofing supplies in Australia – FREE measure and quotes.
- Shingle roofing material is suitable for ‘Low Slope’ pitches above 9.5 degrees.
- 210km/hr wind ratings for the Cambridge shingle.
- Shingle roofs provide excellent soundproofing.
- Shingle roofs are a rust-free system perfect for seaside locations.
- Structural plywood cladding provides insulated sheets.
- This system provides a ventilated attic space.
- Suitable roofing materials for wall cladding applications.
- Very lightweight shingle roofs.
How much do asphalt shingles cost?
Asphalt shingles are a very cost-competitive roofing product with the other mainstream roofing materials in Australia, including tiles and metal. Roof shingles are considerably cheaper than Terracotta tiles, Western Red Cedar Shakes, Natural Slates and Thatching. Asphalt roof shingles cost between $20 – $40m² for the most popular styles. The shingle cost is generally in line with the lifespan.
Asphalt Shingles Cost Price
|Asphalt Shingle Types||Asphalt Shingle Cost||Shingle Roof Features||Shingle Roof Warranty|
|Marathon PLUS Asphalt Shingle||$20 - $30m²||Algae Resistant AR, 110km/hr Wind||25 Year Warranty|
|Cambridge Laminated Asphalt Shingle||$30 - $40m²||Algae Resistant AR, 210km/hr Wind||Limited LIFETIME|
|Dynasty/Nordic Architectural Asphalt Shingle||$35 - $45m²||AR, IKO Armourzone Tear Resist, Class 4 Impact PLUS, 210km/hr Wind||Limited LIFETIME|
|Royal Estate Architectural Asphalt Shingle||$50 - $60m²||AR, Tear Resist, Class 4 Impact PLUS, 210km/hr Wind||Limited LIFETIME|
|Crown Slate Multi-Laminated|
|$80 - $100m²||AR, Tear Resist, Class 4 Impact PLUS, 210km/hr Wind||Limited LIFETIME|
|ArmourShake Multi-Laminated Asphalt Shingle||$90 - $110m²||AR, Tear resist, Class 4 Impact PLUS, 210km/hr Wind||Limited LIFETIME|
IKO roofing materials are the heaviest in the industry, with a very high asphalt content (SBS modified bitumen), tightly packed granules and industry-leading strong fibre-glass core matt. Quite simply, a thicker/heavier shingle means a longer lifespan and better quality roof shingles.
The weight of asphalt shingle roofing materials is an easy way of determining their quality. IKO shingle bundles are the heaviest on the market.
Types of American Asphalt Roof Shingles.
The two main types are three-tab and Architectural shingles. The three-tab shingle is a traditional style made to resemble slate shingle roofing. Architectural shingles are also called Laminated or Dimensional, designed to resemble natural wooden shakes.
Three-tab | Slate Look Asphalt Roof Shingles.
The three-tab asphalt shingles resemble slate roofing. This classic and timeless look will suit most homes from ultra-modern to classic/period. The low-profile shingle is unobtrusive and subtle in appearance.
Architectural / Laminated / Dimensional Roof Shingles.
High-end Architectural roof shingles mimics the look of real cedar shakes or natural slates. Unlike these products, there is no high cost and ongoing upkeep. Architectural shingles are suitable for Australian roofs. The Architectural shingles provide superior protection against strong winds – up to 210km/hr. The Marathon range rates at 110km/hr with a storm nailing pattern.
Ultra-Premium Architectural Shingles.
IKO also offers an ULTRA premium range of Architectural shingles. These multi-laminated shingles come with Limited Lifetime warranties and the highest hail impact rating. The Crown Slate, Royal Estate and ArmourShake provide many decades of life and give your home a unique look. For a WOW factor, the ULTRA Architectural shingles unbeatable in both style and quality.
Excellent DIY Roofing Materials.
As a DIY product, the asphalt/bitumen shingle system is hard to beat. Installation is fast and easy, with no experience necessary. Planning a new outdoor structure can be a little daunting. Visit this handy roof supplies calculator, enter your project details and be rewarded with a full and detailed set of plans. You can use these plans to let your council know what you are planning. It also becomes a shopping list for your framing timber supplies and plywood roof sheets.
Provide the measurements of your project. We will work out precisely what roofing supplies you need, including plywood sheets, Synthetic roof underlay and roof shingles. We then send the kit with the exact amount of materials required. The DIY roof material guide is available to provide a detailed resource to help you with the installation.
A standard size gazebo is a weekend job due to the easy installation process. Only standard tools needed, found in most backyard sheds, and the savings can be considerable. Our light-weight products are sent around Australia cheaply and easily.
IKO Shingle Roof Materials | Worldwide Market Leaders.
We are the Australian distributors and suppliers of IKO’s roofing materials. IKO is the largest supplier of shingle roofing and related products Worldwide. Their range of roof supplies is rated the best available throughout Europe and North America.
IKO’s range of shingle roofing has a super-strong class-leading fibre-glass mat, thick bitumen coating and most tightly packed ceramic granules. They are combined with top-grade SBS modified bitumen asphalt sealant to produce class-leading performance. The IKO range of asphalt roofing shingles weighs considerably more than the competition, confirming the dense layer of asphalt. This thick asphalt layer, combined with the dense coating of ceramic granules, provides shingles with their long life. These elements create the best shingle roof supplies available Worldwide.
All IKO shingle roofs have algae-resistant copper granules included that inhibit moss and algae’s growth. Algae can cause discolouration and unattractive black streaks.
American Roofing Materials for Australian Homes.
Shingle roofs will complement most pitched residential roofs, from modern Architectural to classic. You can apply asphalt shingle roofing as cladding on vertical walls and low slope roofs, as low as 9.5 degrees pitch.
We have been building roofs for 15 years in Australia. At last, count over 500 shingle roofs. The roofs we have built up to 15 years ago are still in excellent condition handling Australia’s weather with ease.
The Asphalt Shingle Roofing System.
The main elements of a shingle system are Structural plywood sheets, Underlay and the shingles themselves. This combination is both lightweight and extremely strong. Gone are the days of cracking tiles or damaging metal roofs.
A single roof is incredibly durable and long-lasting. You can walk on it without causing damage due to the structural plywood roofing sheets. Access is a real benefit when you need to inspect your roof, clean out your gutters, move the TV aerial etc. Installing skylights is also relatively simple, with the shingles and underlay providing the overlap required over the skylight flashing.
Key Components of an Asphalt Shingle System.
- 15mm A-Bond Structural Plywood D/D face 2400 x 1200 tongue and groove.
- IKO Stormtite synthetic roof underlay (cover entire roof).
- IKO Stormshield adhesive backed rubberised membrane(valleys, skylights etc..).
- Choice of asphalt roof shingles.
- Starter course shingles.
- Hip and Ridge shingles.
- Quarrix slimline premium ridge vent.
- Extended metal drip edge into gutter.
- Metal step flashings to vertical penetrations/walls.
- Stainless Steel roofing coil clout nails.
Green Environmental Credentials of Asphalt Roofing Materials.
- Asphalt roofing materials are made from bitumen and granules and recycled to make pavements and roads.
- IKO has a range of “Cool Colours” that keep the heat down, saving energy costs.
- The lightweight system requires less structure/mass in the home build aiding the environment.
- IKO use recycled content in the manufacturing process of their asphalt shingles.
- The insulated plywood sheets store CO² for the life of the building. These sheets take CO² out of the atmosphere.
- IKO shingle roofs are used extensively in areas where earthquakes are prone. This system weighs up to 6 times less than roof tiles or Slates; shingles are a much safer roofing material alternative.
- The structural plywood insulated sheets brace the roof and provide a protective layer from falling trees etc.
- Shingle roofs are a ventilated roof system. The cross ventilation includes inlet ventilation near the gutter and outlet ventilation at the ridge, eliminating problems caused by moisture build-up, including mould/mildew, wood rot and damaging insects.
- Due to the plywood insulated cladding, your roof space can be an attic for storage or an extra room for the kids.
IKO is the No 1 Asphalt Roof Shingles Exporter Worldwide.
With significant manufacturing plants in the US, Canada, Belgium, Japan, IKO Corporation is the biggest supplier of asphalt roof shingles Worldwide. The quality of IKO roof materials is reflected in the success of the Company throughout the World.
IKO Roof Shingles Colours and Styles.
IKO has an extensive range of Naturally inspired Colour blends that will complement your home. Classics like Dual Black, Weatherwood and Earthtone Cedar or more unique options like Charcoal Grey, Dual Grey and Driftwood. There is an Architectural shingle Colour that that will suit your home style.
The Areas We Serve.
Asphalt shingle roofing materials Australia will supply or supply and install our American roofing shingles Australia-wide. Including: –
- New South Wales.
- South Australia.
- Western Australia.
- Australian Capital Territory.
Call your asphalt shingle roof materials expert for some advice or to arrange a quote.